Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated June 24, 2019
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,In this newsletter, I'll highlight 10 of the most popular countries to visit on an escorted tour, based on recent bookings made by Vacations To Go customers. These are our top destinations for itineraries that focus on a single country.
Here's the list at a glance -- click any link to see itineraries and money-saving offers. Or, scroll down for highlights commonly featured on tours in each country.
Ireland -- Picture-perfect scenes await you on our Ireland tours: fishing villages tucked into pretty harbors, roads winding through emerald hills and waves crashing into rocky headlands. Many tours spend time in Dublin, where the city's Georgian squares and Trinity College are popular stops. Gaze at the views along the Ring of Kerry, visit a whiskey distillery and experience a bit of local culture in a neighborhood pub.
Italy -- Enchanting landscapes, delicious cuisine and the promise of "la dolce vita" draw travelers to Italy. Most itineraries spend time in Rome, Venice and Florence, where art treasures abound (tour guests usually bypass long lines at museums and churches to see the works of Michelangelo, Da Vinci and other masters). Spend time at Tuscan vineyards, explore the cliffside towns of the Cinque Terre and examine the well-preserved ruins of Pompeii.
United States -- Take in the geological wonders of the Southwest's national parks or the brilliant foliage of a New England fall. Photograph glaciers in Alaska and palm-fringed beaches in Hawaii. History buffs will look forward to visits to Gettysburg, Philadelphia and Boston, while those who love beautiful old homes and gardens will enjoy Savannah and Charleston. You also can take a cruise along the Mississippi River or its tributaries, or along the Columbia River.
Canada -- Soak up the alpine beauty of Banff and Jasper in the Canadian Rockies; rail trips in this region are especially popular. Explore vibrant cities like beautiful Vancouver or experience the cowboy culture of Alberta. You can observe polar bears near Churchill in Manitoba in October and November, or immerse yourself in the seaside settings of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
Spain -- Spain tours can highlight the impressive Prado museum in Madrid, the enormous Plaza de Espana in Seville and the beautiful buildings of Barcelona, such as La Sagrada Familia, the extraordinary cathedral designed by Antoni Gaudi. Many itineraries incorporate the 13th-century Alhambra palace complex in Granada. There usually are opportunities to take in a flamenco show and tastings of tapas or Rioja wines.
Scotland -- Stand on the banks of Loch Lomond, immortalized in song, or Loch Ness, famed for its "monster." Ride a ferry to the remote Orkney Islands or tour Stirling Castle, where Mary, Queen of Scots was crowned as an infant. The Old Course in St. Andrews is a shrine for golfers. Many late summer departures include tickets to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a bagpipe-and-drum extravaganza that will be held August 2-24 this year.
Japan -- Tour the exciting cities of Tokyo and Kyoto, ride a high-speed bullet train and explore countryside attractions like Shirakawa-go, a mountain village of thatched-roof dwellings. Itineraries can incorporate visits to temples, palaces and shrines, as well as interesting activities like a traditional tea ceremony, a calligraphy lesson or a Japanese cooking class. Some January and February departures head to the magical winter festivals of Sapporo and Otaru.
France -- On these itineraries, most of which start or end in Paris, travelers can explore the gardens of Claude Monet's Giverny, captured in many of the artist's paintings, or stand on the beaches of Normandy, where the Allied invasion began on June 6, 1944. Sample wines in the Loire Valley, discover why Lyon is considered the country's gastronomic capital or stroll through the Old Town of Nice. We also offer river cruises on the Seine, Saone, Rhone and the waterways of Bordeaux.
Greece -- Brush up on your ancient history at the Parthenon in Athens, in Olympia (where the first Olympic Games were held) and at Mycenae, excavated in the 19th century. The sky-high monasteries of Meteora were erected on natural sandstone pillars, some more than 1,000 feet high. Many itineraries cruise to the Greek isles, like Mykonos and Santorini, where you can relax on the beaches and dine on fresh seafood.
Switzerland -- These vacations showcase stunning Alpine scenery, ritzy mountain resorts, famed railways and national favorites like chocolate and cheese fondue. Spend time in St. Moritz, nestled against a beautiful lake, or Zermatt, in the foothills of the Matterhorn. Tour the old quarter of Lucerne or Zurich, or Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva. You might ride the Glacier Express over hundreds of bridges, or the Jungfrau Train to Europe's highest railway station.
Here are this week's Top 10 Tours. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability.
1) Italian Scene, 10 days with CostSaver by Trafalgar. Begins and ends in Rome. Save $300 per couple off the air-inclusive price. Starting at $1,300. Departures from September 13, 2019 through March 13, 2020.
2) German Vista, 8 days with Globus. Begins in Berlin and ends in Munich. Save 10%. Starting at $1,979. Departures from May 12 through September 15, 2020.
3) Easy Pace Budapest, Vienna and Prague Winter, 10 days with Insight Vacations. Begins in Budapest and ends in Prague. Save 5%. Starting at $2,088. Departures from November 1, 2019 through April 10, 2020.
4) European Traveler, 10 days with Trafalgar. Begins in London and ends in Rome. Save up to 15%, plus save an additional $300 per couple off the air-inclusive price. Starting at $2,458. Departures from September 4 through October 16, 2019.
5) Elegant Ireland, 10 days with CIE Tours. Begins and ends in Dublin. Save 10%. Starting at $2,599. Departures from July 14 through October 6, 2019.
6) Discover the Loire Canal in the Heart of France, Charming Cities Reveal their Secrets, 7 days with CroisiEurope. Begins and ends in Paris. Companion saves 50%. Starting at $3,246. Departs July 18, August 15 and October 24, 2019.
7) Costa Rica: Jungles & Rainforests (BBC Earth Journey, For Families), 8 days with Tauck. Begins in San Jose and ends in Liberia. Young travelers receive $200 per person off family departures. Starting at $3,590. Departures from July 9, 2019 through December 28, 2020.
8) Grand European Tour, 15 days with Viking River Cruises. Travels between Amsterdam and Budapest. Fly from $99 to $499 per person, plus save $1,000 per couple, enjoy a reduced cruise deposit and receive a free $200 per stateroom onboard credit. Starting at $4,399. Departures from April 2 through November 8, 2020.
9) Cultural Treasures of Japan, 14 days with Collette. Begins in Tokyo and ends in Kyoto. Save up to $600 per couple. Starting at $4,499. Departures from July 7, 2019 through April 19, 2020.
10) Complete Galapagos - (Daphne), 10 days with Intrepid Travel. Begins and ends in Quito. Save 30%. Starting at $5,640. Departures from July 16 through November 19, 2019.
Customers in the US and Canada can call us toll-free at 800-680-2858. For a list of our other toll-free numbers worldwide, click here.
For savings of up to 82% on ocean cruises, click here.
For river cruises up to 50% off, click here.
For discounts of up to 50% at hotels and all-inclusive resorts, click here.
For the lowest rates on Africa safaris from budget to luxury in quality, click here.
Please email me your comments, suggestions and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond the same day.
If you enjoy our newsletter, please forward this email to family and friends.
Vacations To Go